Junior Jiu-jitsu is for kids ages 4 and up. No previous experience in martial arts is necessary to take this class. Beginners are always welcome. By enrolling your child in this class, you are giving him or her the best chance to avoid becoming the victim of a bully. You child will gain the skills and knowledge to assertively use his or her words, as opposed to actions, to neutralize the threat. However, if a bully were to take a swing at your child, we also give your child the skills he or she needs to defend themselves physically with confidence.
In this class, children will:
- Learn what is widely regarded as the most effective form of street self-defense: Gracie Jiu-jitsu.
- Experience a significant increase in their self-confidence.
- Learn to first verbally defend themselves, which often resolves most tense situations, and how to defend themselves physically if attacked.
- Strengthen their muscles and bones just from training jiu-jitsu, which is good for any healthy, growing child.
- Learn the three T’s, (Talk, Tell, Tackle) to neutralize a bully – with an emphasis on assertive and confident use of words, so as to avoid the need to “Tackle.”
- Develop their social skills through role-playing bullying scenarios in class.
- Become more assertive and less aggressive.
- Develop their ability to get along with others and work as a team through team building exercises and games.
- Develop their fine and gross motor skills through carefully chosen games, drills and exercises.
- Develop their balance and coordination.
- Improve their attention span and ability to focus and pay attention during instruction – a very important life skill that will benefit them through school and on into adulthood.
- Develop self-discipline and a strong work ethic as a result of coming to class.
- Be less likely to be bullied as their confidence will shine – bullies tend to look for an easier, less confident target.
- Develop skills that will serve them throughout the rest of their lives, and will help them to be more successful in every area of their life.
Leverage Jiu-jitsu is the one-stop-shop. Where else can you get so many life-changing benefits and skills for your child all in one place? What are you waiting for? Call or email us today for more information and to set up your child’s free trial. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or text us at 443-864-8505.