How can your child protect themselves from being bullied? If not, then click on our BLOG link above and check it out!
- Has your child ever, or does your child currently get picked on at school?
- Has your child ever experienced any form of bullying (physical, verbal, cyber, etc.?)
- Does your child know what to do if/when they become a victim of being bullied?
- Do you, as a parent, worry about your child’s safety at school and other places?
**(If you answered yes to one or more of the questions above, then I have good news for you. We have the solution to your child’s problem. We can give your child the skills they need to stand up for themselves against a bully and in general, stand up for themselves in life! We will give your child the gift of “REAL” self-confidence and self-esteem.)
The class is called BullySafe and that is what we do. We give your child the tools they need to be able to defend themselves if need be, but more importantly, the confidence, self-esteem and social skills they will need avoid being the victim in the first place. There is no other program like this anywhere. Though all martial arts schools claim to teach your child self-defense, etc., only BullySafe delivers. Why? Because only BullySafe addresses the realities of the real world.
In this class your child will learn through various medium…
- Fun Warmups… The warm-ups are fun, and challenge your child’s gross and fine motor skills all at the same time. Plus, the warmup exercises each have a purpose. Each one will teach your child a skill set that they will need later on.
- Role-Play… Our instructors take a 10 min. section of the class to “role-play” out some specific bullying scenario. Through role-play, your child will watch the instructors play out a bullying situation three different times. The first time the victim will take on a passive role, the second time an aggressive role and finally the third time an assertive role. The instructors address the consequences of each. The goal is to teach kids how to be assertive.
- The Lesson… The Gracie Games. 10 games; one game per class; after the 10th game, we start back over at one. That is the lesson cycle for BullySafe. After 20 classes, your child will earn their first stripe on their white belt. Of course there is a small test (demonstrate two of the Gracie Games correctly) to earn the stripe (no fee for stripe tests… only belt exams). After earning 4 stripes on their white belt (or 80 classes) your child is then ready for their first belt test. After they earn their first belt, they graduate BullySafe and enter “Jr. Combatives” where they will learn many more effective Gracie Jiu-jitsu techniques.
- Video Learning… Another 10 min. section of the class time is devoted to video learning where your child will sit and watch the Gracie brothers themselves sit and talk about some very important lessons such as…
- Internet Danger
- Drug Defense
- Street Smarts
- House Rules
- Emergency Escapes
- School Safety
- And More!
- Games… At the end of every class, we allow for about 10 minutes of “Final Game” time. Sometimes its a game. Sometimes its an obstacle course. Sometimes its tug–o-war or something else. During this time, your child will learn and develop social skills, team work skills, fine and gross motor skills AND your child will end every class on a good note which means they are always looking forward to their next class.
- Rewards… Each child has his or her own “BullySafe Jiu-jitsu Journal” in which the instructors record every class’s date and lesson and your child receives a star sticker for every class they attend so that they can physically see their own progress and anxiously wait for when they earn their next stripe (every 20 classes)! Through this they learn to set short, mid and long term goals (a life skill) as they progress up the ranks. This also helps keep your child motivated and eager to learn more. We have a very high sign up rate and retention rate. Kids and their parents love BullySafe!
- End Class… That’s it! The fun has to come to an end sometime…. but there’s always next week! For now, its time to line up and bow out!
- We do not teach kids how to punch or kick and we do not teach them any dirty tactics either; there is no need. We will empower your child with techniques that will overcome punching and kicking, etc. Although you do want your child to stand up and defend themselves if and when the time comes, you do not want them to get into more trouble for actually hurting the other child, if that can be prevented.
- You child will learn skills to avoid fights altogether. You child will learn the “Rules of Engagement”, the “three ‘T’ steps”, and they will also learn about the consequences if they violate any of the Rules.
- We will teach your child about the “big conversation” if they find themselves in a fight. Both kids will have to go to the principle’s office and have to explain their side of the story. We will help teach your child how to explain their actions and what actions they took to try and prevent the fight from happening (Hint: “the three T’s”, etc.).
- Improve your child’s balance, coordination, motor skills, attention span.
- Your child will gain confidence and improve his or her self-esteem at the same time.
- Our belt reward system will teach your child the invaluable life lesson of work and reward. This is a skill that they will need throughout their life-time.
- Empower your child with “REAL” self-confidence. Give them the best when it comes to self-defense. Give them, “Bully ~ Safe”.
- Do not erase messages from the cyber bully.
- Don’t reply to the message if someone texts you with a derogatory comment or threat.
- Realize you are not alone and you did not do anything wrong.
- Tell someone you trust.
- Don’t txt. with anyone you don’t actually know. Tell your parents.
- If it gets too extreme, you may need to block their phone number or change your cell phone number and/or e-mail address.
This is a very unique class where the parent(s) can take the class with their child (ages 4-10). Kids do not have the attention span that we as adults do, how do we teach them BJJ at such a young age? The secret is that we start your child’s self-defense training by”disguising” the techniques with fun games that the kids (and parents) enjoy! Your child is having fun and at the same time, learning to defend themselves.
This class is held on Sundays from 1:00pm until 2:30pm. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 443-864-8505 for more info./or to schedule a free trial class. No experience is necessary. If you would like to see a video first to get an idea what the class is like, then please go to the home page of our website and click on the tab, “Public Media Gallery”. There you will find a album for our kid/parent class with videos of the class.